JOB TITLE: Education Coordinator
REPORTS TO: SAGE Center Manager
The Education Coordinator is responsible for creating, developing, and implementing programming for school visits and summer camps, hosted events, marketing, and outreach, which includes participation in regional school functions and agriculture education events.
- Schedule, plan and organize educational school visit and summer camp group tours.
- Establish professional contacts and actively develop relationships with teachers to promote the SAGE Center and school resources.
- Oversee school visit program that includes: guided tour of facility, welcome presentation, grade-level worksheet packets, staff/volunteer engagement plan, teacher feedback form, and thank you cards.
- Play a key role in establishing learning outcomes for SAGE Center School Visit Program and work to ensure they are achieved.
- Develop partnerships to expand youth outreach opportunities.
- Provide assistance with Oregon Agriculture in the Classroom lessons as requested.
- Maintain inventory of school visit giveaways including Tillamook products and SAGE Center memorabilia.
- Work closely with the SAGE Center Manager and other staff to plan and prepare for educational events and school visit group tours.
- Set school year goals and review with the SAGE Center Manager at the end of the school year. Present annual summary of school activity to POM Commissioners.
- Set objectives for student intern program and serve as supervisor to student.
- Coordinate with POM Workforce Program Manager and advisors from regional schools for large events, such as career and job fairs.
- Develop and manage monthly SAGE Saturday program.
- Plan and coordinate monthly SAGE Center Movie Events.
- Organize and manage “Kids Corner” for the annual Morrow County Harvest Festival.
- Plan and oversee kids crafts portion of the annual Winter Market event.
- Create promotional marketing materials for SAGE Center events.
- Write press release articles for SAGE Center events.
- Promote SAGE Center programs and events through social media posts, e-mail blasts, and distribution of flyers to schools and businesses.
- Organize and participate in Boardman Elementary’s “Beyond the Bell” program
- Represent the SAGE Center at regional school functions like Science Night or Boardman Extravaganza.
- Represent the SAGE Center at agriculture education events like Oregon State FFA Convention, Ag Fest, or RiverFest.
- Assist in front desk guest service duties, operating exhibits, POS, food handling and event management, as needed.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Enjoy working with school-aged children.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and desire to serve SAGE Center visitors with excellent guest service.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with SAGE Center staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to speak publicly.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Will be required to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
SALARY: $45,000-$50,000 depending on experience
Bachelor’s degree in Education or two years’ experience working in a school setting or a degree in Agriculture with four years’ experience working with youth.
The position is open until filled.
The Port of Morrow is EOE and offers competitive wages and benefits.
We thank applicants for their interest in this position. However, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.